here

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Third Wheel-Chair Quilt

Hi friends!
Finally made one block for my third wheelchair quilt.
We went to get groceries yesterday and Tommy went into the sewing area with me, he usually waits at the front, so he helped me buy a few things.
Got some snips for those pesky threads and some new scissors and 2 cans of basting spray and another rotary cutter.
They haven't had basting spray for over a month so he said you had better get two! You know me I jumped on it!
He is a sweetie!
Not good on the budget but a sweetie!
I took a couple of days off of hand-quilting, my hands got real sore , letting them rest.
I keep looking at this and trying to figure out how to quilt it.
Not going to do it by hand!
Need to put up some more soup today!
Hugs
Babs

5 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute block for the wheelchair quilt. I can imagine when you aren't used to doing something like that it would make your hand sore. Yep Tommy is a keeper.

Chatty Crone said...

So how many quilts for the wheelchairs are you making? Do they HAVE to be done by hand - no machine?
That was sweet of him to tell you to get two!
sandie

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Tommy is a star he needs to have a chat with B.Love the blocks Babs.Are the wheelchair quilts going somewhere special ? I've been thinking of making a few lap quilts for a hospice, or the special baby unit in my town.Keep well my friend and rest those fingers.xxx

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the block. Last night, I caught my big toe in the hem of my pants and went down on my knee. Thought I was going to have to use my wheelchair, but although it swelled really bad, I can walk!!

margaret said...

another wheel chair quilt progressing well. Some good buys too have not tried the basting spray maybe I ill get some at the next quilt show which is next week . I have every confidence you will come up with a great quilting pattern for the quilt you are pondering about