here

Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday Finish

Hi friends!
Remember this quilt? I put it aside to finish all my Christmas quilts.
Finally finished it last Sunday.
I added borders so it would fit our queen sized bed.
I had so much fun doing this with Melissa of "Happy quilting" HERE Last year, she had some great blocks I hadn't run into before.
See the big block on the left bottom? Hadn't made one like that before. Loved doing those curved seams.
Years ago I was taught in home etc. to start in the middle and sew to the sides to make a good curved seam. Don't think any one teach's that now.
But I was in Home etc 60 years ago!
Worked really good for me.
Have a great warm weekend
Hugs
Babs



5 comments:

Imogene Thomas said...

Please bring this to Q Bees! I need to see it in person. Love ❤️ it!

Chatty Crone said...

I enlarged it and I did see the curves - how interesting - I didn't know you could do that. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy leaves tomorrow morning - please pray!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great quilt, and finish. Are you putting it away to use on your bed during Christmas?

mamasmercantile said...

It is stunning, a feast for the eyes beautiful.

Carol Swift said...

This is really gorgeous!