here

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Amy's Quilt

Hi friends! 
I was thinking 12 inch blocks might be to small but it looks like it will be just right.
And I though red but now I am thinking yellow for the center and for the front joining since I am doing this qaug. I think yellow is a better fit. A king is a lot easier to manage making it that way.
I cut four of the off white. Something just keep pointing me toward the off white and Julie Rose got her grandmother quilts out and she though off white would fit better.
Then I though of the quilts made by my mother in law and she didn't use bright white . I think hers were more 40 and 50's but during that time people used what ever they could get, skirts, shirts even dress pants.
My first mother in law made us a quilt out of dress pants with no battening but it was really warm, I would still have it if oldest son hadn't took it camping and some one else took it home with them.
Left a pile of rags for him to bring home.
Wouldn't surprise me if he gave it to them. He would give anything to some one that asked.
Have a good one
Hugs
Babs



5 comments:

Julierose said...

I think they will be such pretty blocks on that off white..and 12" is a nice size to work on...hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

That is really going to be pretty. Yellow will look perfect for the centers.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The off white will be nice, and I think yellow will be great.

Chatty Crone said...

You know I am no expert here, but I think it will look beautiful when it is finished.

Christinec said...

I agree the yellow will look just great. The off white will give a vintage look. I am not a fan of white in my work. I don't do much applique, it frustrates me. Your flowers will be amazing!
For the record my son has a few quilts.... never thought that he might have just given them away..... probably