here

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Kim!

Hi friends!
A hidden playground!
This is the screw that they put into Kim. She can't put any weight on her right leg for 2 1/2 months.
Bless her heart I feel so sorry for her . She had 4 smaller  fractures and one that went all the way through to her back. That's 5 in all! The  big one was the one they fixed the others he said he had pulled tight so they should heal if she stays off that leg.
She will have to have some one help her for a long time and she just has two steps children and her Hubby. Her step daughter is PG with a high risk pregnancy. So she can't pull on her and her Hubby has back problems. Prayers that they can do what needs to be done.
I haven't done much sewing since we have spent 3 of the last 4 days at the hospital.
We did rest yesterday and i got a little done.
I  got two monkey bib's  made for the next two G-G's.
We may go to Rome Wednesday and I will go by the Stitchery to look for some fabric that inspires me to make more bibs.
Have a good one.
Hugs
Quilt Happy

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - it took me a minute to look and see what I was looking at with that screw! WOW! Gosh I hope and pray that she heals fast. That is a lot on her plate right now. I imagine you will help some?

Julierose said...

Amazing surgery--I hope she will heal fast and be able to get on with her life. Prayers here from me...remember, every stitch, knit or sewn is one flying out for her...
My Grand-mere always said "offer it up, ma Julie" (in French of course as I only spoke French until I was 8 yrs old) and it becomes a prayer....:))))
I hope you can find some solace in your sewing and relax a bit now and rest up...hugsx2 from me to you Julierose

Ioleen said...

Wishing Kim all the best for a speedy recovery. Love the sock monkey bibs.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Hugs and prayers for Kim. That looks pretty terrible, and I am sure that the recovery is going to be hard.

Needled Mom said...

Wow....guess we should be glad that we live in a generation where it can be fixed. It sounds like she is in for a long recovery.

sewyouquilt2 said...

poor Kim she will need lots of help and patience. Good thing you made her a quilt to comfort her. here's praying for a quick painless recovery for her. geesh that screw looks painful. hoping she gets the help she needs to heal properly.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Tell Kim we are praying for her. I hope she will obey orders and stay off her leg and will have a quick and painless recovery. That is a lot of trauma to her body.
xx, Carol