here

Friday, August 12, 2016

Menlo Q.B's

Hi friends!
Last night was Q.B night!
That's Gladys looking at the stash box, I passed it around ! One lady said that fabric feels so good . Guess she hasn't had much to do with quilting fabric.
Our assignment was to bring a hand sewed block so i made a large star.
You know me i love big stars.  It's really hard to get a good picture of yellow.  Sis had a pre-cut kit and she had curved pieces in it that she sewed together.
There was 15 there last night but only 7 the month before so only seven brought hand sewed blocks.
Of course some made more than one.
This was Charlotte work , she love   those blocks and loves hand sewing and quilting.
We had a great time because these are great women to learn from. Some have hand sewed for years and sale quilts for a living.
Me,   I am happy just making quilt's for all my family.
I couldn't make all my g-gs one if i just hand quilted because it takes so long . I have two that's PG right now and will have them Christmas are right after.
So with all the Christmas sewing I plan on doing and things to make for them i should be busy until Christmas.
Have a great week end
Hugs
Quilt Happy

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I love your enthusiasm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julierose said...

Sounds like a great group of quilters. I miss meeting with older quilters who have done handworks all their lives...of course now I am an old quilter LOL--but not as experienced as the older ladies I met when younger. They were amazing...and you are never too old to learn I feel. When Mom got so sick, her group stopped meeting--we did all kinds of crafts: knitting, quilting, beading, needlepoint I learned a lot and we had a lot of laughs too..and good snacks...great times.
hugs for a great weekend Julierose

Ioleen said...

Sounds like a nice group of ladies. It's great to get together with people who have been there done that. We can learn a lot if we want to. My guild has some very talented members.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have never hand-sewn a block, so I am always impressed when people do! I love your yellow star - stars are definitely my favorite quilt blocks!

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a fun and growing group!!!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

What a cool group to belong too. It is nice that you have people to share their knowledge.