It's all washed and snugly.
Today i want to talk about this blog Here
Do you want to "GROW YOUR BLOG" -- make new friends-- increase your blog readership? The opportunity do do all of those things is just around the corner
Vicki Goes does a lot to help people grow their blog.
1. Please title your blog post "GROW YOUR BLOG". Introduce yourself, tell us who you are and why your love to blog. If your blog pertains to a specific interest or area - tell us all about that. In short - we would all like to know what drives you create your blog.
2. There is nothing more dreaded than the "no reply blogger" status. Simply go to your blogger profile page and add your email address. This will allow folks to reply directly back to you from your comment on their blog. We all want to be able to reply directly back to our visitors - especially if they ask a question-- it's so frustrating when that cant be done.
3. Comment moderation spam filter -- ugh. Most of us hate it! Please consider turning it off for this event. This is NOT a requirement - but it will definitely make your visitors more likely to stay longer and leave a comment if they don't have to play with the robot.
VERY IMPORTANT-- if you want more followers - be sure to add your FOLLOWER gadget to your sidebar! Please have it positioned prominently where we can all see it. (you can find the Follower button in the gadget section of your design page. Just click on it and position it on your sidebar.)
5. You might want to consider adding your email address to your public profile and also somewhere on your sidebar. Mine is listed in 2 places on my sidebar -- I want my readers to easily be able to reach me. I also often list my email address directly in my post so that folks can find it more easily.
6. Consider telling us your name. Seriously. Folks want to be able to call you by name and to connect with you when they leave a comment.You might want to also consider posting a photo of yourself somewhere on your blog- that helps your readers to connect with you also. My name is Vicki. (see photo at bottom of this post) . See -- that was painless!
7. I know that many of you are artists (like me) and that your blogs are often about the things that you create. If your craft is genuinely a part of who you are -- then by all means share with us what you make! BUT -- this event is not about selling our wares-- this event is to meet people and grow our blogs. Just have your website or ETSY shop listed on your blog sidebar-- if your visitors are interested in making a purchase -- they will go to the trouble to find your shop on the sidebar or to email you.
8. Sometimes when you go to a party -- you just feel like getting a new dress or outfit. So-- if you would like to update the appearance of your blog -- a new blog header --or a whole new layout-- you might want to contact my friend Karen Valentine. Karen has dedicated her entire blogging career to helping us all with our blogging concerns,questions, and also helping us create beautiful blogs. Karen is my very own "go to person" when it comes to anything that I need help with relating to my blog. She has practically "adopted" me. I know that she would be thrilled to help you with updating your blogs in preparation for all the company you will be receiving at this event!
SO -- please mark your calendars. Make a poster - put it in your datebook-- place a reminder on your phone -- a sticky note on your computer--write the date on your bathroom mirror~~~ if you are a reader or follower of my blog, I won't let your forget!
As I add blogs to the lists, I won't be sending emails to each of you this year telling you that you have been added in. I just can't-- that takes hours and hours of extra work. So please, if participating in this event is important to you - please save the date, mark the date -- and refer to this post for all the info that you need.
*** please note~After the party begins, I will wait 24 hours and then begin to delete those blogs that do not have a specific "GROW YOUR BLOG" post. (I'm so sorry-- but I want this to be fair to everyone.) So please do remember the date.
I copied her blog nearly word for word so you will know what i am talking about.
This works , i joined last year and had a great time.
You have till January 17th
to enter your blog.
Have a wonderful day friends