here

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

'Christmas time's a coming'




Hi friends!
Beautiful but cold!  My brother came over this morning and when he got ready to leave we stood outside talking to him and i nearly froze.
The wind chill is in the 30ths.
My machine sews like a dream!   Pray that it will last me a few years.  It sews so much better than the singer.  It had been forty years sense i had had a new one and  i just accepted that they sewed like that.   When i got the singer it would keep on sewing when you lifted your foot off the petal.  Last sat. i was sewing alone and it started beeping and stopped sewing.  We never could get it to sew a lick again.
 My first husband bought me a sewing machine in the 60ths and i used it till about 10 years ago when it went out.  Then my sis gave me her old one and the thread would never stay in the tension.  you would sew two inches and it would jump out.  So i just about quit sewing.
But i am cooking with gas now!!!!
Going to play now . Have a great day.   Quilt Happy

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I love your new Christmas present. sandie

sewyouquilt2 said...

enjoy! it is nice sewing with the right tools.....

Debbie @ MeandMyDIY said...

How exciting to have a new sewing machine! Yay you! And I love your Christmas tree. We're switching ours over from white lights to colored. Have a great weekend, and stay warm!

Debbie

Missy Shay said...

I love my Janome! I have not had any problems with it! My friend's Singer is newer than mine, and she has all kinds of problems. Although my favorite machine is my Singer hand crank which is almost 100 years old!