here

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blocks and pintos



Hi friends!
Another cloudy rainy day.
I made 2 more of the churn dash blocks yesterday and a really big star.
I am making bigger blocks and maybe they will go futher.  I though i might just make churn dash but that gets borring after a while, so i made that star.  Have to put at least one star on my grandbabies quilt, because they are my stars.
Put up six pints of pinto's yesterday, they are rottening on the vine , lost the rest of the corn, it ruined before we could get it picked. It soured half way made.
Last year i filled 40 boxes with full jars , this year so far i have filled 3.
I will make salsa tomorrow if my tomatoes rippen by then.
We have had just to much rain and it calls for rain for the next week!!!!!

The only quilt i have made for my grands that didn't have a star was Davids, and it just about made itself,  guess i will have to make him a star pillow.
David is our youngest grand.
We are really blessed to have so many grands and great grands that are beautiful and smart. 
Found out yesterday our newest great grand will be here tonight or tomorrow.
Dimi goes into the hospital at 6 oclock and they will start labor.  In my time you just had to wait till the baby made up it's mind to come!!
Have a great sewing day friends.
Quilt happy

2 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

So tell me - do you have a huge pantry? I would love to see what all is in it!

sewyouquilt2 said...

how exciting to have a new grand on the way! that saying "too bad we couldn't have grandkids first" is so true isn't it? they are the best!
you certainly have been one busy little bee this summer. quilt squares and beans look great! next year I plan to teach my daughter in law how to can. looking forward to it.