here

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Tute

Hi friends!
Rainy day!
I used the bed to spray baste my quilt.
No matter how i spread out the backing or if i use the bed  or a table i still get loose places on the back of my quilts.
So before i start quilting i spread them out wrong side up and go to work. I take the pins out and smooth all the wrinkles out and then re- pin.
And you can see it needs it!
I work it in small sections out to the edge. and put less pins back in.
This is were i drop my feed dogs, it may be different on your machine.
And turn this to zero or as close as you can get.
Then i fill some bobbins and loosing my threads and dig in.
I just did a little yesterday so today i will be quilting.
Thanks to all my friend for the sweet comments yesterday.  I think i might be a tad better today but going to continue pouring water down me.
Have a great sewing day friends.
Hugs
Quilt Happy

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I take packing tape and tape my backing to the floor, stretched taught but not tight. Then layer batting and tape it down. Then the top and tape it down. Then pin.

If I am spray basting I just spray between layers. I have found this to be the best way to not have puckers.

Chatty Crone said...

I am in awe of you!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I cheat and use the dining room table and if it is too big, I use three 8 foot long banquet tables in the barn. OK I am spoiled.