here

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sewing Machine Pad

Hi friends!
Cloudy day!
I had been wanting to make me a sewing machine pad for a while now.
This took 1/2 yard of that blue
a fat quarter of the Burgundy  , it shows red here but that's my camera. and some scrap pieces of battening.
I used a left over scrap of baby blue for the binding.
I used the sew to the back and pull over way of binding and it didn't work to well for me.
But i just need more practice.
 If I had had done this for someone  else i would have done it over or done it the other way.   But for me to use i just left it like that!
Now my things are right there when i need them.
This is more true to color than the first ones were.
I just loosely quilted the part over the pockets and sewed seams to separate the pockets
 Have a great sewing day friends.
Hugs
Quilt Happy

5 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

I also throw out perfection when I need functional for me.

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

I love that,will have to pinch that idea.xx

Barb said...

Oh....I just love it!!! Great job!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great job I need a couple of these too.

sewyouquilt2 said...

nice to make yourself a little something. you have made so much for others lately. I need one of these too.maybe after I get done with my holiday sewing