here

Friday, February 24, 2017

Surgery and Hagen's Quilt

Hi friends!
Yesterday we got up early and drove to Rome, Floyd Hospital, had to be there at 6:30.
I was first in line for surgery so by nine we were in the drive-thru at McDonalds for our late breakfast. We were home by fifteen after!
I sleep off and on all day.
This morning we had to be there by 8 for him to check it out. He said mine was a whopper, My cataract.
I remember him saying it was a large one. You can't be knocked out because you have to move your eye when he tells you to.
Wednesday I made four snowball blocks , didn't think he would think these to  girly.
I made two of the red and two of the Falcons, That's their only fabric if you want cotton, white with falcons flying.
They have a blue but it's flannel.
These bit and pieces I will hold on to , maybe I can find a use for them later.
My quilt wall!
I ordered two t-shirts, one for the middle of  Hagen's  quilt and the other one for the middle of Noah's.
They should be here by next week. I am making them to fit collage sizes beds. Or at least I am Hagen's,  I will talk to Tonia and see what size bed Noah has and if she wants me to make it to fit a collage bed.
I did nothing yesterday and since they dilated my eye this morning and he said it was still swollen I guess it will be tomorrow before I get to work on my quilts.
One of the nurses told me this morning that she had carried her t-shirts to a quilter she knew and was having a t-shirt quilt made. When I go back I need to carry some pictures of mine to show her.
They had ask me to bring some . I didn't have any on my camera that I carry around with me so I told them I would.
Have a good one
Hugs
Babs

12 comments:

Ioleen said...

Sounds like you are doing fine with the operation. Are you just having the one done? The quilts are looking great.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You are braver than I am. I was suppose to have mine done last year...yikes. If they would knock me out, I would have had it done...giggle...I'm a big fat chicken. Can you see better??

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Sounds like you are doing great. Like the quilt it is going to be a great one for the boys.

margaret said...

I expect you are now back stitching how nice that the nurse wants to see what you do, it is good to come across others that share the love of stitchery

GranChris said...

Best surgery I ever had. I can see so much better, clearer, colors are white not yellow.

Julierose said...

Oh so glad to hear you are doing well after your eye surgery, Barbara! ;))))
Welcome to the "Eagle eyes" club lol.
Great tee-shirt quilt! My friend made one for her daughter and she said it was hard to sew the tees as they stretch so much; she put light fusing on the backs and then sewed them up...looking good. Rest and relax...hugs, Julierose

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great progress on your quilts.

I'm glad your surgery went well. Was there pain? I was with Terry when he had a tear in his retina repaired and that has scared me to have my cataract repaired, though mine is just starting.
xx, Carol

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness you ARE quilting the day after. Are you eyes gunky or anything? Was it painful? Sandie

Suze said...

Sounds like surgery was a great success!!!! I had eye surgery 2.5 years ago. I was having double vision and he had to operate on the eye muscles. He told me it was a very painful surgery and pain pills wouldn't help. He was correct. The double vision and pain finally went away about the time I went back for my checkup at 6-8 weeks. I chose a doctor a little over 100 miles away because of his qualifications and his office and surgery approach to the patient (bedside manner).

Needled Mom said...

Glad all went well, Babs. They will love seeing the photos of your quilts.

Lady of the Manor said...

I'm glad your surgery went well! You'll be back to those quilts in a day or two. I know those nurses will enjoy seeing what you've made.

Rosa said...

Sounds you are doing great and glad all went very well.Love your quilt wall.