here

Friday, January 22, 2016

Around here

Hi friends!
Sandwiching His quilt. This will be one pretty quilt with all that chocolate!!!!!
I did one half and then turned it around to do the other half.  Today i will turn it over and make sure its as taunt as i can get it. To ready it for Quilting.
Not a good picture but wasn't going out in the rain to get a better one, you can see where our hill starts to go up behind that old dog house. The hill where that black bear must have a cave for him to leave bear scat in our yard in two places.
This is what we found in our front yard one Sunday morning and there's more behind the garden fence.
I looked it up and it said Bear Scat.
This is where it had clawed around the dogs pin trying to get to their food. Tommy looked for any kind of tracks first because we though a horse had gotten out , the ground was wet but no tracks . Houses leave deep tracks in soft ground but bears weigh less and leave very little tracks.  Makes me a little nervous about going into the woods to throw  out scraps.
This was the bush outside my sewing room yesterday early , ice all over but it melted away by afternoon.  They are saying snow later today.
Hope it's better where you live.
Hugs
Quilt Happy

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Boy are you a fast quilter!! This is just lovely--I am so glad the panel worked out for you!! I love those surrounding blocks! Great job, Barbara--I managed the last two vertical rows on Steven's quilt (the longest dimension) today. Now just four rows on the width to quilt on either side of. Really minimal as the blocks are already quilted...just attaching the backing...YAY hugs, Julierose

Terry said...

Wow, that's a lot of poop! Be careful out there!

Rosa said...

Wow,busy girl.Great job and fabric combo.

Have a fun weekend.

Chatty Crone said...

I love chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you have a black bear in your back yard? Oh my. And we are going to have that ice tonight.

Ioleen said...

This is the best chocolate - no calories. You be careful when you throw out food scraps. We are going to get snow and freezing rain, but eh I'm in Canada. Enjoy your weekend.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the chocolate quilt. Eeek a bear!!! But then I have had coyotes, deer and fox in the yard the past year or so. Which most people hadn't seen for years around here.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your quilt is looking good. you made me start on my panel like that. I have three to make! I am doing the attic window setting and it looks like the deer are peeking in the window. cant wait to get more of it done.
they downgraded the storm for us but some snow, ice and winds are on the menu for us. stay safe with that bear out there. hope he isnt hungry!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Must be a really big bear......giggle. Love you quilt as always.

Carol Swift said...

That quilt looks beautiful and cozy...sweet! Scary bear stuff there. Yikes!

KatieQ said...

I love to buy panels, but never know what to do with them. I love the way you framed the panel with blocks. Basting on the bed looks like a great idea. I've never tried that.

Sandra Walker said...

I was wondering if you got any of that snowstorm. We are fine down here except for it being cold! 59 today only! His quilt looks great on the bed! Yikes on the bear...that's too close for comfort.