here

Monday, January 25, 2016

Today

Hi friends!
Problems!
I started quilting and turned it over and found this.
So i made me a baby quilt and went to work on my machine.
This is my baby quilt!
Think it may be ok now!
This is whats happening at our house today!
Our roof [11 years old] had gotten rust and holes in it and rain was going in so s-i-law came over to put on a new roof. I am pretty sure it came with a so many year guarantee but  have lost all the paper work so we are paying for a new roof!
We have put so much money into fixing up this house that we could have built a new one.
And we are still not through!
Used to when you retired your appliances lasted 30 years,  they last a   average of  5 years now.   We have replaced all of the ones we bought before we retired!
So far our old cars are doing all right but lots of money is going for repair. Any thing bought in the last ten years are programed to self destruct in 5 years.
So our repair man said! He told us never buy something that had a tiny dent because right under that dent will be a leak that would take more money to fix then to buy it new.
When we bought our fridge the one we picked out got bumped so when they called Tommy told them to forget it, we didn't want it. Of course we found a different one and have have it for a few years , just pray it doesn't fall apart any time soon.I will stop fussing now!
Just go and sew at least my old machines are good[knock on wood]
Have a good one
Hugs
Quilt Happy

7 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I know I have started to worry because I know my expensive washer and dryer are getting close to being 7 years old, and my fridge is about 5. My cheapo used gas range works alright, but there is only OMG it is on, or be very, very careful, do not breath or it goes out and we could die from a gas explosion.

Terry said...

They just don't make things like they used to. We had to replace a microwave this year, but luckily that's all for now.

Julierose said...

Oh I agree with you all!! Our fridge is 10 yrs old and hanging by a hose lol...our stove is also 10--we expect to have to buy new ones soon...just think of all the fabric you could get...well, maybe we shouldn't aaargh--..I feel your frustration, Barbara--nothing is made well these days...hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

I know what you mean and they all seem to fall apart at the same time.

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with you girl - things do not last like they used to - I hate that you have to pay for it. No hail damage where the insurance will pay? What happened to your quilt?

sewyouquilt2 said...

they make things in China or at a factory where there is no pride anymore in what is made. it is just money for the companies. get them made and sold. nothing lasts anymore and it is a shame. that is why we are a throwaway world and it pollutes the Earth. too much stuff! we are going through the same here. just got washer and dryer, then ac unit and furnace and roof. hope the money pit ends soon! hope your machine starts quilting soon so you can finish your deer.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This all sounds familiar!! I bought a new frig when I retired a couple of years ago. I'm hoping for more than 5 years!! I'm not talking about my car which I love...an 03 Honda Element. They don't make them anymore. I wanted to buy a new one before I retired. And so we plod on..prescriptions and medical bills come first always.
xx, Carol