here

Saturday, December 27, 2014

New to me machine

Hi friends!
Beautiful sunny day!
My 'new' machine is a Kenmore 36.
I found it the other day on the internet but couldn't find when it was made.  But since it takes a plastic bobbin it shouldn't be to old.
It's heavy!!  I told her i wanted a heavy metal machine.
So glad Kari found it for  me.
I intend to do a lot of piecing with it.
Before i can use any of the stitches i will have to get another foot.
On the back it says it warranty is good for 25 years but it is most likely older than that.
Don't know how long bobbins have been plastic?
My news years resolution is to play more next year
Just have two more grand kids to make a quilt for and a couple of on the way great grands to make quilts for and one for each of my kids.
That should give me time to play and maybe get rested up from making 3 quilts in less than a month!
I got very little else done this last month and didn't finish all the gifts i was going to give.
Have a great sewing or resting day friends!
Hugs
Quilt Happy

6 comments:

Zenia Rene said...

Happy Sewing!

Rosa said...

Have fun playing with your new toy!

Julierose said...

What a great gift--play is the way to go for sure! hugs, Julierose

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

My old machines are my favorite to use. They are little work horses. Hope you enjoy your new to you machine.

Chatty Crone said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Mara said...

How is the new to you machine? Did you get it up and running and stitching?