here

Friday, August 17, 2018

Step by step , Joining Blocks qaug

Hi friends!
How to join blocks  by quilt as you go.
This is two inch strips ironed and folded down to one inch. These are for the top!
These are 1 1/4 inch are if you prefer 1 1/2. What ever works best for you.
Pin the yellow to the front and the black to the back at the same time.
Sew down!
Now lay the back of this block to the back of the next one you want to add.
See fronts facing our-ward , backs together.
Sew the black to the back of the other block.
Pin the yellow down to the other block and sew down.
Not hard at all, you have your blocks quilted and joined by this step.
I will show you had to add rows maybe next week when I get these four block rows finished. When you finish all you have to do is bind and add a label.
Hugs
Babs


6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Thank is Greek to me - but I love it.

Gill - That British Woman said...

never done quilt as you go, mind you I don't do much quilting now though.

Julierose said...

thanks --I have never sashed QAYG before; looks complicated...but nice results..hugs, Julierose

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I'll remember it when I do a string quilt.
xx, Carol

sewyouquilt2 said...

thanks for the tutorial. will have to try it

KatieQ said...

I think I'd get the hang of it if you would come over my house and show me in person. I started working on a new batch of string blocks.
When I get a bunch finished, I'll have to try it myself. Thanks for the tutorial.