here

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Sewing Mat

Hi friends!
I mentioned the other day that my machine needed a mat under it.  So i started sewing 4 inch squares together. I love to use up scraps.
.I sandwiched it and sewed across it for the quilting. Then i found some orange that was folded and just the size i wanted for pockets.  Sewed up in several places to make different pockets Then all i had to do was make binding and sew it on the front fold it and sew it down on the back.
Nothing to hard because it will stay under one of my machines.
Now all of my machines has a cover and a mat.
Have a good one
Hugs
Quilt Happy

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Good idea and a handy place to keep your supplies.

Chatty Crone said...

Do you have a special sewing room?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Barb.
I think I should make one. No matter what I do to organize, I can never find my ripper. I have resorted to buying one often when I can't find anything else to buy with a 40% off coupon. This is a great solution to THAT problem. Thanks for sharing a great idea.
xx, Carol

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Good job. I love the orange that you chose.

Ioleen said...

Looks great. Does it cut down on a noise a bit?

maureenlthompson said...

Great idea, I may have to make a couple for my machines too. Hope you don't mind me using your idea. I already have covers for my machines but not as pretty as yours, just made from one piece of fabric folded in half and stitched down two sides.