here

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Blake's Quilt

Hi friends!
Got that muslin!
When we got home I cut it to fit after I added a narrow strip of black on the near side of the border.
Putting the first border together. I decided to put two layers of battening on these because the rest of the quilt is so thick and heavy.
I got both done yesterday and ironed before I quilt for the day. Some thing about going to Walmart wares me out. You see every one you ever new there and talk so much it takes two hours to get out of there. And this is every time you go!
Today I hope to get them quilted and added and the binding on. I plan on doing a little quilting between each row on the quilt to.
Hugs
 Babs





4 comments:

Julierose said...

this quilt is really moving along well, good idea about extra batting on those borders to even out the weight...hugs, Julierose

Chatty Crone said...

I had no idea it took so much love and work. Is the muslin there to make it stronger and hold better????

margaret said...

happy quilting of this have enjoyed following the making of it

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The comment about Walmart is so funny. They built a small super store 1/2 mile down the road from me. Terry and I always say we see all our neighbors at Walmart. Sometimes when I see HIS friends, I go the other way before they see me. I know he will stand and talk to them for a while and I can shop in peace.
xx, Carol