here

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Blake's Quilt

Hi friends!
I started putting blocks together yesterday and I think I am going to work on it today.
I saw that I needed more so I went through all the shirts and cut every thing I could find off.
Need to fill up all the holes!
See how big the bottom of this foot is?
I have been using one with a small plastic round bottom.
See!
It was full of places where the needle had hit it.
I tried  it out and I think this will be much better. Still have a bunch of threads to remove from where it was messing up on Hagen's quilt.
The quilters life is full of seam ripping!
 I got lots of feet when I bought  my feather weight so last night I went looking for a 1/4 inch foot , nope don't have one!
Guess I will have to order me one!
There is always something we need, isn't there.
Hugs
Babs



6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Girl you make me tired I could NOT do all that you do for sure.

Ioleen said...

Us quilters like our notions. I have feet for my Phaff that I've never used. Liking this quilt.

sewyouquilt2 said...

check out feet at clotildes. I had gotten some for my Husky at less than half price. they work great. clotilde.com

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your t-shirt quilt is coming along. I have so many different feet that i use for quilting.

margaret said...

blocks coming along, lucky to have so many feet for featherweight, mine only came with one but bought the 1/4" one and then found my janome feet fit on it so have plenty now, time I got the featherweight out and gave it a run

Julierose said...

that quilt is really coming along so well--as for 1/4" quilting feet--my needle ends up scraping the edges of them all--I have truly given up--my seam is just what it is. A thread bigger or smaller is not going to scare me anymore...if my block is 5 and 16/17ths--so what--I got myself so frustrated a year ago and then I decided as long as all the seams were the same, what's the big deal?? So far, it's working fine...hugs for a great weekend of quilting ahead..Julierose