here

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Barns and garden

Hi friends!
My quilt wall is filling up again!
I've made three barns and three stars yesterday and Sat..
As soon as i fill it up i will start GAYG on my blocks.
My supper last night , the squash from my garden that i put into the skillet for just long enough to start to brown and then dump into a bread pan and put into the oven on 400 for a while.
That gets rid of a lot of grease..
Tommy is not suppose to eat any thing greasy but he loves squash cooked like this.
This is what i cooked, Tommy ate some sweet pepper to go with his.
I started on another barn  and another star that i should finish today.
It's so hot outside , heat index today is 100 and tomorrow it's suppose to be higher.
Tommy can't stand being in the house even when it's this hot , he is on the porch now.
I picked in the garden and got a whole lot more squash. Last year he planted a half row and we gave it away for weeks.  He planted a whole row this year!
Have a great day friends.
Hugs
Quilt Happy

8 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Another fun barn!

Podunk Pretties said...

Love that roof on the barns, cute idea! We love squash too. I've started freezing mine. Slice it, put it on cookie sheet overnight in the freezer. In the morning it can be put into freezer bags or we use a food saver air sucking machine to seal them up tight. It's not as good as fresh from the garden but it's better than store bought.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute barn. I shred the extra yellow squash along with the zucchini for zucchini bread during the winter.

Rosa said...

Another gorgeous barns and stars.Go less to finish.

Today was a sunny and very hot.

Gill - That British Woman said...

too hot for me that weather. Love your new blocks.

Chatty Crone said...

Are you saying he likes to sit outdoors in this heat? I think I would die.

sewyouquilt2 said...

your garden is very productive. my little containers are being eaten literally by the woodchucks. wish I lived closer. I would help you with that squash LOL
I too freeze it and make zuchinni squash bread out of it. My mom also used to make squash pickles. delish!

Needled Mom said...

Wow....it sounds hot there. Your barns and stars look wonderful.