here

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

corn

We picked 284 ears of corn this morning and i cleaned them and put them in freezer bags. Don't they look pretty? And man what good eating this winter with a little butter and salt.we will have another picking in a few days. Some of them are not full yet.









This is the only sewing i have done this week Between putting up beans and freezing corn. And all the picking. Of course hubby helps with the picking. He did all the picking on the corn. 







I have made up my mind and am going to start making blocks for red haired girl a quilt for her birthday in nov.  Her birthday is the same day as mine.
So i hope to have some blocks to show you soon. Don't know what block to use yet, but i may do a mix of blocks like i did my couch quilt.
Well love you all my friends will talk to you tomorrow   Quilt Happy

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Your corn looks yummy! How many acres of corn did you plant. I wish I could have a garden.

Do a sampler quilt where each block is different. I'm sure what ever you do for the red head will be great.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

É se dar água na boca de tão bonito o seu milho.Esta semana comi com sal e manteiga,huuummm.Tenho visto também suas flores,estão lindas.Beijos.

Miss Holly said...

Holey cow!!!!!!!!! That is a lot of corn!! And boy does it look good...to early for corn here but I can't wait.....just love it! Started a crochet pillow ...something to have that I can carry with me. I have lots of ideas but not enough time!!