here

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Great Mothers day



Hi friends! Beautiful day!
My son sent me battening for mothers day and my daughter got me tulips and a card to buy fabric.
Great kids right!!
My red headed daughter brought me a rose and they spent a few hours with us.
Tommy cooked my breakfast so I had a great Mother's day!
And Oldest step sent me a message to say happy Mother's day and that she loved me
I am playing with fabric seeing if I can make a Texas star for Grandson's quilt  This may just be practice because I am having trouble  getting my points right.
I will have to look for a video for this block. Plus I don't know whether this fabric will go with what every I buy for the rest of the quilt.   So right now I am practicing and trying to get them right.
I will keep you informed on how it goes.  if you know of a good video let me know , please
Have a great sewing day friends.
Quilt happy

4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sounds like your kids know you well. So glad you had a great day.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I tried to help but the one that was the best is no longer there. But this one is pretty good I used it before. http://mtnmommy2.blogspot.com/2011/07/lone-star-tutorial.html

Wow your family gave you some lovely things.

sewyouquilt2 said...

always nice to get some batting and quilty things for gifts. lucky you!

Chatty Crone said...

I think it is WONDERFUL to get something you love and not something useless. Love it.