here

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sis and win


Hi friends!
Beautiful day!
Sis came up Saturday and brought me several big bags of battening and fabric.
She has started cleaning out things from her house in Athens  because she has turned 62 and has retiring on her mind.
She may not retire until she is 64 but she now has that option.
If they make her mad at work she wants to be ready.
She is going to sell her furniture in that house because she has her house up here full of furniture.
She has a sewing room there and one up here! so she is cleaning it up and bringing things up here and I get the scraps.  You know I love scarps!
She also brought me some large cuts of fabric that she didn't want any more and some Muslin that I can sew together to make backing for my quilts.
This is 12 fat quarters that I won last week from Jean at
jeans quilting but they came from Fabric Worm.  Aren't they great!!!
That's three yards of gorgeous fabric.  I will have fun planning what to make with these.
Hope you have a great sewing day friends.
Quilt happy

4 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Lovely win .
Will be nice if your sister moves closer you will have someone to sew with.x

Barb said...

Oh wow.....that is nice to reap a haul like that...

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Lovely win, and how cool to get scraps from your sis? I get scraps from my mom and sis too. I agree with Laurajane how great would it be for her to retire and move close to you so you have someone to sew with.

Lisa said...

Congratulations and beautiful picks!