here

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Luke's quilt

Hi friends!
Beautiful day!
Yesterday I started quilting Luke's quilt.
I love it,  even if they don't I think it just right for a 1 year old boy.  I love the 'I spy" part and the cowboys.
I sewed on the binding and last night I started hand sewing it down.  I used the stripe that I ordered just for binding's.  I got a sheet to do the backing, twin sized top sheet, and it is about the same across as the quilt.  The quilt is just a little shorter than the sheet.
 I am planning my next quilt , one for my oldest grand son.  What he wants I may have to simplify so that I can do it.
He picked a paper pierced pattern and I can't do that.
I am searching for one that I think I can do that looks like what he wants.
Have a great sewing day friends.
Remember our giveaway day is the 12th!!!
Quilt happy
 

5 comments:

Sandra Walker said...

LOTS to look at and find in that quilt! And I love Gracie's pillow sham. Then again I just love love love stars. :-)

Marit Johanne said...

I think it must be great for a little boy! And it will be nice for him also as he is growing older. Lucky boy :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You are so fast! Another wonderful quilt.

We had a front today with some pop storms. Wasn't bad here, but I know they grow the further East they go.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The quilt turned out lovely. Paper piecing huh? Not one of my favorite techniques.

andsewon said...

Sweet! Have some I Spys to do also!
We have been HOT here in VA yesterday and today! Want Spring back!