here

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas tree



Hi friends!
Beautiful sunny day!
I am going to take you on a tour of my christmas tree.
The tree skirt is a red throw with  christmas patches that i bought at daughter's in laws father's store years ago.  They closed them up a few years, and he started a construction company.  Of course he owns most of our town so he works on the building's that he owns and rents them out. But at that time he had stores all over the south. and he sold christmas ornies alone with all kinds of art and supplies.
That candle was painted by my son that got killed in a car wreck in 1984 when he was 13. it has gone on my trees every sense..
The gold one is the first christmas hubby and i were married, i got one with our names and the year.
The last is some of my pitiful efforts at prettying up plain glass balls..  i made several of those with puff paint and glue and glass jewels.
I have a small tree that was my oldest son's that i put up in the bedroom window every year in honer of him. He died in 2001.
Well that's my christmas story . Hope all your christmas dreams come true.
Quilt Happy

3 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Treasured memories Barbara .xx

Anonymous said...

So sorry you lost 2 boys, and glad you have treasures to remember them by. I lost my daughter last April (just turned 46) and this will be her husband and children's first year without her.

Miss Holly said...

Oh Barbara....You are a strong strong woman...No one should go through what you have..Your darling boys..they will always be in my prayers...I understand more now that my dear friend Chris is dealing with her sons death...
lots of love to you...xxx