here

Thursday, April 24, 2014

This and That

Hi friends!
Beautiful day!
Last week connecting threads had a big sale on their clearance fabric so I caved and bought some for bindings , some Christmas fabric , some brown for Luke's quilt and a few more.
This is the brown for Luke's quilt!  She [his mother] said blue and brown..
I haven't decided how I want to make his quilt, still thinking.

The grand kids counting their eggs Sunday.
Tommy wanted a coconut cake like his mother used to make, so when I saw some coconut creme after Christmas I bought it.
I made a yellow cake mix and punched holes all over it and poured coconut creme in all the holes and then all over the cake.
Then some kool whip and some coconut on top.
He loved it and it is pretty good, I have eaten two pieces of it.
I don't usually eat much of what I bake, love every body Else's.
Right now he is cutting the grass on the south forty, went to see his Dr. early this morning and he said he could with goggles and a sweat band so that he doesn't get sweat and dirt in his eye.   I think Tommy though he would never get to cut his grass again , the way he has moped around.
Have a great sewing day friends.
Quilt happy

2 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Great fabric,love the stories.
Cake looks delish,send me a slice lol.
Glad Tommy can get back on his tractor,it's like us with our sewing machines Babs.xx

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your cake looks wonderful. Can't wait to see what you come up with for your new quilt.