here

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Quilting

Hi friends!
I quilted almost all of the falling charms Christmas quilt yesterday!
I used my desk chair and had to add a pillow to get the right height.
One thing about it , when you do swirls your desk chair moves with your arms.
That ends up making you sore across your back.
Just though you might like to know that fact!!!!
I was nearly finished with it when i sewed one and i noticed it had a hump between it and the next one over.
So i had the use the ripper on that part , maybe i will get her finished and the binding sewed on, if i can find any thing here that will work that is.
I may have to buy some tomorrow .
I though i had some Christmas green put back for it but couldn't find it when i looked for it yesterday.
I found this but it's has to much  pink tones in it. If i have to buy i will look for a Christmas red. But today i will look some more for that green.
No sense in buying if you already  have something that works.
I am doing big swirls all over it.
I cut some fabric for the quilt i am doing for Jess , my friends granddaughter but i will have to buy 3 yd.s of a solid and some iron-on interfacing along with battening and backing when i go to town tomorrow.
Their are two house coats but they are thin and the rest are cotton knit so i will need a good bit of the iron on.
Have a good one.
Hugs
Quilt Happy

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Man, you are sure getting a lot done--good for you!! Hugs, Julierose

Chatty Crone said...

You are like a never ending quilt story! Love it.

Jen said...

You get heaps done Barb and a Christmas quilt will be lovely .I think the green will work for Christmas perfectly.