here

Saturday, March 3, 2012

new [old]quilt top

we are still here but so many have been lost, in the middle of the US 37 people lost their lives. praying for their families . i don't remember the weather ever being like this in all my 70 years. about 35 years ago we had a bad one in alabama. at that time my in laws lived there and watched it from their windows after that, they came to our house every time it got bad. we have had two hit our small town 2 times in the last 3 years. came over our house and landed on the other side of our hill. that was to close!!!  i found this the other day, i new i had one more somewhere but i don't know this pattern. does any one know what it is called? you can see my mother-in-law stitch's in the 3th picture. so i guess i will be quilting this one to . i just hope i can do it on my Small sewing machine. i would be to scared to send it to someone. afraid it would get lost.   love you'll talk to you Monday

3 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love an old quilt top! Such great old fabrics and colors. My parents and bro and sis-in-law live in Joplin and experienced the bad one there last May. They came out fine and their homes too, but it was devastating nonetheless. Glad you are okay over there! I've seen some scary photos of the damage over the last few days in towns that were hit.

Jan Maree said...

I am thinking of you all - it must be so scary! Love the old quilt top - what a treasure!

Ricochet said...

what a cool quilt top. Let me know if you ever find out what that block pattern is called as I've never seen it before. Praying for milder weather for all....