here

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Yesterday

Hi friends!
I got through with the quilting yesterday and sewed the binding down.
Trimmed the sides and put it on the couch so when i had a minute i could work on the binding.
I used the blue dotted to make a binding and i got a smidgen done yesterday!
Earlier i put up soup.
Seven quarts added! Then
i did pickles!
Five quarts plus one pint!
We may have enough made of both. Going to have to count to be sure.
But we have tomato's coming out our ears!

This is out basket of ripes!
We have two baskets like this of not yet ripe ones.
We have been giving them away as fast as we can.. Of course no one likes green ones unless they are frying green tomato's.
Maybe i will get more sewing done today since their is not enough ripe ones to put up after giving to the neighbors.
Have a good one
Hugs
Quilt Happy

10 comments:

Sandra Walker said...

More soup?! More pickles?! AND a quilt? You are one busy lady!

Julierose said...

Beautiful tomatoes--yum!! Do you eat toasted tomato sandwiches?? One of my favorites along with grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches...
your quilt is moving so fast...great--I am pin basting the back to the front and then will tie this one with variegated red threads and dark turquoise thread....hugs, Julierose

maureenlthompson said...

Green fried tomatoes are the best things ever.

lalaluu said...

Cute soccer quilt, and I love the dottie binding! I want tomatoes (both green and ripe)! Do you can tomatoes, too?

sewyouquilt2 said...

tomatoes YUM wish I lived closer LOL
mine are not quite ready yet.
we love them in a tomato sandwich, tomato grilled cheese, tomato sliced as a side , tomatoes onions peppers and zuchinni stir gried together for a side.
we love em any which way, even stewed and put up for later
quilt is coming along fast. you will also have lots of stuff at the ready put up for the winter as well. I am way behind this year.

Needled Mom said...

If only we could have them year round!!!

Chatty Crone said...

DO you like Fried Green Tomatoes?

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow You finished quilting a huge quilt, and I got about 2 passes on my small quilt. I may be about 1/3 of the way done quilting it. And then you canned too? I need some of your pep.

margaret said...

your garden is certainly producing some wonderful eats and you are good bottling them, quilt looking good to I enjoy hand stitching the binding so relaxing to do

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I can't help thinking how much you will enjoy in the winter all the items you canned. Spending days at the hospital have put my stitching and gardening on hold, but I had to take a moment to catch up with my blog buddies.

Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol