here

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Quilting!

Hi friends!
I started quilting this yesterday, may take me a few days. Looks like my hand is still in that glove!
Later i played around with a Christmas table runner.
Just started it! I laid out some fabric to see what it might go with.
Like this and This. Two different looks!
I will work on it some more today! It will be a birthday present.
Our newspaper has a picture of Clair with a fireman on the front page today! They did a visit to pre-k four days before the fire.
Really miss them! Prayers please
We got up early and went to my retina Dr., he said it was much better and to come back in two months.
Tommy thinks  my eye was rejecting that foreign object in there. I think it may have been high blood pressure because it's been higher since last year. My Dr. has changed my med's so maybe it will get better.
Of course the Dr.'s want tell you a thing but i have 20/20 again and last month it was 20/25.
It mess's with your colors when you are buying fabric with a yellow tinge making the colors look different. Good thing Sis was with me when i bought fabric for Tatum's quilt!
My white kitchen floor has a yellow tinge when i just look with my left eye.
Have a good one
Hugs
Babs

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh glad your eyes are settling down; not being able to distinguish colors is not good!;((((
Our weather has turned right back into Summer here--- 76 degrees this afternoon with a lovely breeze off the ocean...
Although I cannot sew or knit as yet, I am reading a lot online and am thankful for this beautiful day--prayers on the way...it is so sad and tragic what happened, Barb.
Hard when you are reminded of it, to not feel really sad....
my thoughts are with you....hugs Julierose

Chatty Crone said...

What is the first thing going to be - a quilt - for who?

I JUST LOVE CHRISTMAS AND HOLIDAYS.

You are in my heart over the loss of your family in that trading fire.. I don't know how you do it.

You see 20/20 - but you see yellow? High blood pressure - stroke - what is going on?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Glad your eyes are better. Fixing them is scary to me. I have the beginnings of a cataract and Terry's pressure indicates ALMOST glaucoma. He's going for more tests to determine what drops he should use.

So sad to wake up to a reminder of a tragic event. Many prayers for you today.
xx, Carol

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I am sorry you had a reminder of the kids. Sounds like your eyes are getting better, but now your blood pressure is acting up. Get better. Looks like fun projects in the works.