here

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Garden

Hi friends!
I have decided to just go with what i want to do to Gracies;s quilt. The flowers are for me!
Yesterday we went to get garden stuff.
We had decided to just plant what we needed!
We bought tomatoes  plants , three kinds of pepper, squash, and snow peas. I bought some snow peas from Cooks one year and loved them but couldn't find any to plant until yesterday.
My freezer is still full of corn and orka.
I have soup, tomatoes , green beans and pickles canned from last year to do us this year.
Tommy putting the last pepper plant into the ground!
We planted 14 tomato plants, that should be plenty for us , any one that comes over and canning.
If i decide to make some soup this year we can always go to Cooks to get field corn and orka.
We will go down there any way to get tomato's until ours come in or get ripe for people that don't grow things in their garden.
Have a great day friends! I am waiting for a package that is suppose to come today, will report on that tomorrow.
Hugs
Quilt Happy


3 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

OH my goodness you all have a huge garden! I'm envious. We have several small and one sorta large garden. Today I'm planting the last of the tomatos and peppers. I put him in charge of the squash which are in the smaller beds far away from my tomatos. We can't grow corn because we have to many coons around here. I see you all have your garden fenced in also!

Chatty Crone said...

What a big beautiful garden and is that black soil? We have red clay - you must have brought that in from somewhere! It looks like a great garden.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I think it may still be a wee bit too cold to plant out doors yet here. Love your petunias.