here

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Baby Taggy Blanket

Hi friends!
Some more baby things for g-g coming in July.
I made my first one for little Shania and this one for this baby. I used the pink print on one side.
With little fishes all over it.
And stripes on the other.
With lots of ribbon for them to play with.
Need to buy some more and i think i will get bigger ones. One tute i looked at used minky on the back but i read some where that minky could smother babies, don't know if that is true or just some ones idea. I will work on some more things this weekend for the baby. I want to try the blanket tute i have seen on the internet that makes the binding  to. 
It's hard to believe you can sew two pieces of fabric together that isn't the same size.  I hope their is a video some where that shows you how. I will look when i have time to see if i can find one.
I have to get back to working on Alisha's quilt maybe today. been stalled because i couldn't make up my mind what to border it with, ordered some but have just about made up my mind to use some i have.
Have a good one
Hugs
Quilt Happy

5 comments:

KatieQ said...

I love the taggie blanket. It's another one I have to put on my list. What length did you cut the ribbons?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

More pink!! Love that fishy fabric. The back is a great choice. I'll be interested to see your self bound quilt when you are done. There has been a lot of posting around the web of "Fiddle Lap Quilts" for both kids and the elderly. I have never seen a baby blanket with ribbons used like this. Good idea.
xx, Carol

Chatty Crone said...

You make me yearn for a baby granddaughter again! So many pretty things.

Needled Mom said...

That taggie blanket is fabulous. Little ones love to play with those little tags.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute blankie.