here

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Blocks and QAYG

Hi friends!
The next row of my daughters quilt.


I made these and two more rows on my strip quilt, some fabric fell over and found some more strips.
That's not all i need , i think i figured 9 blocks and this is just three i have made so far.
Some one was wanting me to post more pictures so she could get the GQUG so here goes, maybe this will be more explicit.
Here i pinned both strips on to sew them together , the one inch and the 2 inch folded.front and back.
All sewed on now you turn both blocks so the back is up.
Then you lay your top block with the back facing the back of the other block.
Then you pin! That's the back of both blocks facing each other then you sew it on.
see you have the front facing up and the other block front is facing down.
And it folds out like this!
Then you just pin the folded strip over and sew down.
I hope that helps explain it a little better.
Have a good one
Hugs
Quilt Happy

12 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh neat way to do QAYG with sashings..this will be so pretty--loving the colors deep and rich hugs, Julierose

Ioleen said...

Thanks for posting, Barb.

Needled Mom said...

I've only done one QAYG project - many years ago.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

QAYG is definitely on my to do list. I think you got the technique DOWN!!
xx, Carol

Unknown said...

Perfect!
mburnette912@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

I love your comment about some fabric falling over so you found more strips. That sounds like my house!

Turid said...

Thanks, I'll certainly try once again. I had nearly forgotten how to do this.

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

I must make something using this technique. You have explained it well.

AlidaP said...

Thanks for sharing! I plan to try this technique soon, wish me luck!! :)
Lovely strip project!!

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Love this method of QAYG!

Sandra Walker said...

Haven't done QAYG for years. Good description!

margaret said...

popped over from Podunk Pretties to check out your QAYG have been wanting to have a go for a while now so no more excuses, thanks for sharing and will follow your blog to see what else you are up to!