here

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Starting Daughter's quilt

Hi friends!
I started her quilt yesterday , since I love red I started with it. This is a beautiful wine color. I bought it on Craftsy. There is a button on my side line that will takes you right to them. Their solids are the best i have found. The first block wasn't the best i have ever done but the second one looks really good.
 I have red, black, yellow, blue and green to go with white, all  from Craftsy.
I have some pink to go it it to if i decide it needs it.
One thing about it I should be a expert at tri-angles when I get finished with it.
I have also been working on a blanket for our baby that will be here in July.  Still have plenty of time to finish it.
All of these are ready, i put velcro on them last weekend.
She wants me to wait to do her quilt after she is born so i am giving her a quilt that was in my esty shop a few  years ago.
with a Dora blanket.
Have a good one 
Hugs
Quilt Happy

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh that red is just such a nice tone color...are you going to make different rows of each color on this one?? Sounds really great...hugs, Julierose

Chatty Crone said...

I would call the color crimson - Andy just got back from visiting colleges - and Alabama's color is that color - Crimson!

Rosa said...

Sure she will be excited with it.I love combo solids with prints .Happy sewing.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous red. Looks like you are going to have lots of pretties for this great grand too.