here

Monday, August 22, 2016

Lots of Fabric

Hi friends!
Sis came over Sat. and brought me a hugh bag filled with fabric.
Her best friend Carmen is moving to N. Caroline and she was getting rid of a lot of fabric So she sent me some.
This much of it was white!
I always need white!
This is with the white out!  I want have to buy fabric for a while. The light on top is patterned white. It was mostly small pieces but i love to make scrap quilts, so this is great.
She had been looking for us a bin to carry our things to quilt Thursday but this was the best she could find. She just retired last year and she shops a lot. She is going to look for a tray to set inside it. Don't know if she will find it. When our teacher found one at Walmart it had one in it but this one didn't!
I Need to sew !
Have a good one
Hugs
QuilyHappy

6 comments:

Betty said...

It is always good to get free fabric.

Julierose said...

Oh how wonderful to get a bonus of fabric like that! White is always handy...and the colors look really pretty...
I am saving red 2.5" squares for Connor's (the 2nd twin) quilt next in line now. I need 450 2.5" squares--that's how many blue ones that are in Greg's--all the blocks are done just have to sew them into a flimsy...so am cutting 2.5" strips with my die and then slicing into squares... c--so far I have 222 red patterned squares....what fun....
hugs, Julierose

Chatty Crone said...

You are so lucky - that is wonderful!

Needled Mom said...

I know you will put the fabric to good use. How wonderful!!!

Kay said...

Lucky you, enjoy your new fabric. x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love it when people have fabric to gift and think of me. You'll make good use of your gift for sure.