here

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Sewing mystery's

Hi friends!
I worked on baby things yesterday.
I made burp cloths to match the bibs!
Bond this!
And ironed this!
I put pins in all the places that had come un-sewed.
When i turned it over i noticed this.
Some of the outside seams are done on a machine.
Tommy knew nothing about it, makes me wonder if maybe his grandmother made these and his mother fixed them at one time. Or if these were done by his mother when she was learning at a young age? I know she had a sewing machine and i though his grandmother had a treadle but that may have been his mother's to.
Makes me wish i could have asked them. I never saw these until after we moved over here and his mother wasn't talking by then.
Have as good one
Hugs
Babs

4 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very cool old quilt. Your bibs are cute.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loving the old quilt and you are definitely on a roll with the bibs.

Chatty Crone said...

Awe - I love the baby things. And I wish I could ask a couple questions too - things we don't think about. Lovely.

sewyouquilt2 said...

dont cha just love old quilts and how they speak to you? your bibs are cute and will be appreciated