here

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Random Things

Hi friends!
I joined two rows that were the same size yesterday.
Then pinned the top and got that sewed down.
Worked on adding some grey to the other rows.
But then I started back reading this.
I had started it the day before.  Not the kind of book that's easy to put down.
This is old but one I hadn't read . Finished it last night.
Hand-sewed my binding on  Haley's quilt a while , just like a little bit finishing it. Going to sew it on the machine to so it want come loose on top of that since she is just 3, a good dragging around quilt.
Since we drink our coffee every morning on the porch now I don't get any hand sewing done in the mornings.
My flags are still blooming , my yellows now!
After they finish tommy always cuts them down but they keep spreading. The whites I got from A good friend that is dead now, the yellows were in a patch behind here where Tommy's mother had put them out and the purple were Tommy's first wife's at the house that Tommy sold.
That drought a few years ago killed all my Hosta and I haven't replaced them.
We have ant beds all over and they go straight to any flower bed I make.
Hate those things! And ant killer just makes them move.
Well need to sew!
Hugs
Babs

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh lovely flags--mine haven't come out in flower yet--just green shoots...
I love those yellow ones...mine are all purples...
Still too cold for morning coffee on our deck--but had afternoon tea there today--so relaxing. Will be doing my hexagons during the Red sox Game tonight..hugs, Julierose

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous flags. I have the ants in my flower beds too. Someone suggested cornmeal.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Daffodils just starting to bloom now in Southern Ontario....

Chatty Crone said...

I didn't think that Hostas could die! We have those darn ants too. I heard if you put oatmeal or cream of wheat in the nest they will eat it and explode!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

My Iris have not even shown a bud get. My Hosta thrive. I really like them but Terry hates them for some reason. I just keep dividing and moving and they keep multiplying and I keep smiling!
xx, Carol