here

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Boy quilt


Hi friends!!  Rainy day here!
I carried two grand girls to the dentist today so no sewing yet.  My grandkids are the best!!!  They got their teeth cleaned and Angel has to go back for a filling.
This is my first block for my boy quilt and these are the fabrics that i am using to make it.   I won them from sewbittersweetdesigns blog  months ago and have been saving them for the next boy.
I just started this last night, i have seen so many cute patterns for baby quilts on line but i will make this with parts of a lot of them..
Have you'll ever heard of growing pains.  My 11 year  old grand girl  legs have been killing her and they came out with this big name, but it's growing pains. She may have to give up playing socker .
That is the only sport she plays and she loves it.  But the dr. told her to take some time off and then go back and if it hurt again she might have to take a year off.
Well i have to get on my boy quilt..
Have a great sewing day.   Quilt Happy

3 comments:

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Olá,Sim,dores do crescimento eu tive nos joelhos e posso dizer que é literalmente dolorida e muito.Parecia dentro do osso.Minha avó fazia assim:ralava uma semente de abacate e punha no álcool e fazia massagens e contava estórias,para distrair a dor,háhá,nada passa esta dor lembro-me de ficar uns seis meses sem muita molecagem da infânciaeu tinha esta idade de sua neta 11 ou 12 anos.Beijos.

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Yes,growing pains that takes me back.it was one of my mums favourite sayings,any sort of leg pain was growing pains in the 50s.
Happy quilting.x

sewyouquilt2 said...

quilt is looking good