here

Monday, August 11, 2014

A late Friday finish!

Hi friends
Hi friends!
Cloudy day!
She came over Sat. and i gave her the snowman Dresden plate quilt.  She loves snowman! Later she sent me a picture of it on her bed but i don't know how to get pictures from my phone so you want get to see it.
I showed it on my other quilting blog A Simply Great as a Friday finish last week.
She said she loved it!
Every fabric except for the white had snowmen on it, i collected them from Joanns and here and there on line.  The white is Moda Snow.  It took 5 1/2 yards of the Moda snow and lots and lots of the other fabrics
It's hard to count when i got fat quarter's her and there.  I know the last trip to JoAnn's i bought 5 yards.    I may have had 4  or 5 yards in fat quarters alone. And i only had scraps left!
i used what i got the last trip to JoAnn's  as blades and as binding and borders.
I  am lucky Sis gave me enough muslin for the backing so i just bought fabric and battening.
I do love Dresden  plate quilts.
Thanks Laura Jane!!!!!!!
My very good friends from the U.K.
Have a great sewing day friends.
Quilt happy

3 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The snowman quilt turned out lovely. The colors are so pretty.

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

It's beautiful Babs,and you are very welcome my friend.xx

Carrie P. said...

I love your dresden quilts. Such pretty fabrics you used.