here

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Vintage Farm Girl Quilt

Hi friends1
When I stopped working on this to work on Blake's quilt this was how far I had gotten.
I had five barn blocks to add for the next row,so I laid them out to see how big the strips between each one had to be.
It's making a great row!
It needed at least one more line of blocks.
Did the same thing with them to gauge how big the strips needed to be.
I had bought some fabric to make a border but don't like it with it so I am thinking about adding another row but I may put it up until I find some more fabric that I like. Don't know witch one I will do !
I need to make some casserole carriers and I plan on working on that today and tomorrow. Want to make some of my grand's one to.
Hugs
Babs


6 comments:

Julierose said...

FIVE Barns--oh you are just too much Barbara--how terrific this quilt will be...you'll have enough barns for a lot of "hoe-downs" lol Very pretty in those colors hugs, Julierose

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness I agree - you are tooooooooo much! I love this one too! Do you have some quilts for you and your hubby I hope? sandie

Ioleen said...

I agree with Julierose and Chatty Crone you are amazing, you never stop. Quilt is looking beautiful.

margaret said...

seeing this makes me think I really must start making some of these blocks what a super quilt it is

sewyouquilt2 said...

I see your postage stamp and egg basket blocks. great job. and yes Margaret you should join us. we only do a block or two a month.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cool! I didn't realize how big the blocks are.
xx, Carol