here

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Quilting!

Hi friends!
I made myself get busy!
Quilting flowers in the white spaces of this.
Lots of good spaces for flowers!
At least I got something done!
We went and got groceries this morning and paid a few bills and bought a lotto ticket , over 600 million!
Yesterday we sat out on the porch and waited for the eclipse. All the birds vanished and when it got dark the crickets got very loud. It just got dark like a good thunder storm. And the shade looked funny . I think we were 98 %.Or 97 % !
It was strange to see and hear no birds for fifteen minutes before the eclipse..
Only things flying were bees and butterflies.
Going to sew today!
Maybe finish my wheelchair quilt and get it ready to sew the binding down.
My hands are sore from hand-quilting!
Apparently it takes more than I have done to have it look good!
Have a good one
Hugs
Babs


5 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Like your quilting. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket too. We were too cloudy for the eclipse but it did get a little dark here.

Chatty Crone said...

Barb do not cut your quilting down - you are wonderful at it - used my bag today and my friend loved it.
I bought lottery tickets too.
Love, sandie

margaret said...

your flower is looking good is it free hand or have your drawn them on the quilt? Good that you saw the eclipse and best of luck with the lottery ticket someone has to win maybe it will be you

sewyouquilt2 said...

quilting is looking good. we didnt have the eclipse per se. it was about only 40 % here so it did dim a little but no darkness. interesting phenomenon though. playing the lottery too. hey someone has to win right? if I win I will pick all you guys up in my private jet for a trip to Missouri Star for some shopping and quilting.LOL

Julierose said...

I love your free motion flower quilting! So pretty...I have only used my walking foot for quilting...never tried free motion....

We only got a little bit of sky darkening in the eclipse here....
I have lost a bit of my quilting energy too...need a little break I think...
hugs, Julierose