here

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Third Wheelchair Quilt

Hi friends!
I finished that last block yesterday.
sewed doubles together.
Then joined them!
All joined! They measure 30 by 45 . the size quilt we are going for is 36 by 45 but since I always wash mine after I finish, because of the basting spray , I will add a extra inch onto it and two on the sides. maybe a small border that is bigger on the sides. Thinking about using this fabric I have left from the charm pack and some from the layer cake.
Just looking at it I think I need to reverse the end blocks so the meeting points  that show are all lined up!
Today it 's rainy and  cool ,  a long pants and hot tea day!
The day we got married  August 9th 1997 was a rainy cool day.  Must have been good luck!
Tommy's parents were married for 60 some years and they married on a cool rainy day.
It's a chocolate and hot tea day!
Hugs
Babs


6 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely quilt finish...hugs, Julierose

Jeanna said...

Beautiful finish, Barb!

Chatty Crone said...

I was married on a rainy cool day too.

Needled Mom said...

They always say rain on your wedding day is good luck.

Nice finish!

sewyouquilt2 said...

good finish those blocks are cute
I was married in April. it was cool but not rainy been 35 years so must have done something right LOL

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Looks gorgeous. Jeff and I were married on a rainy day, in the rain in January at a waterfall in Oregon.