here

Monday, August 7, 2017

Slabbing

Hi friends!
 Joining in with Dawn and other in orange slabs.
Thought I would make me a runner for Halloween this year.
My last one I made is getting old.
Not much of a slabber' I made a new word" as you can see and didn't have but a little orange so I ordered me some orange scraps.
Of course to me that's fat eights and fat quarters.
I plan on making one or two more and turning them into pumpkins .
My recipe!
Toasted pumpkin seeds
boil in salty water-10 minutes
drain and dry add one teaspoon oil and spread on baking sheet with a little salt
put into hot oven on 325 for 25 minutes.
Should be very good.
Have a great day
Hugs
Babs

6 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your oranges. Your table runner will be fun.

Julierose said...

Oh yummy recipe--that will be a keeper!
Your slabs look great as the start of your runner...
I may use some of mine for a few runners and a small hanging...
today is a "down" day...no sewing...hugs, Julierose

sewyouquilt2 said...

Liking your slabs. do you need a little orange stash infusion? I may have some different ones I can send you. let me know and off they will go........Jacky and I took pieces and then stripped them into 2 inch and 1 1/2inch strips then sewed them like that almost log cabin style........fun fun
I also found some Fall fabric with orange in it for my border

Chatty Crone said...

I can't wait to see you do it - I wonder what they will look like?

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Never heard of Slabbing, but like the blocks.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yup, slabbing is new to me. I'll have to check that out. It's never to early to think about Halloween!
xx, Carol