here

Monday, March 26, 2018

Tatum's Quilt

Hi friends!
Finished putting together each block of Tatum's quilt.
Using the light grey I am joining them together. I have earlier put the single on the back and double on the front but I have changed  it this time.
I think it goes much better this way! I put the single 1 1/4th inch on the front with the other on the back and sewed both down then sewed the front to the front of the next block. Then you can sew the bigger  1 1/2 on the back instead of folding  either one. It folds over better and you can sew it down on the block further over so the seam disappears.
Like the way it looks much better.
More Quilts form our quilt show!
The back porch was devoted to very old quilts.
Their was a couple inside to but these were all very old.
More next time
Hugs
Babs

5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great progress!

Julierose said...

this will be an amazing tee shirt quilt...she will just love it...lotsa memories...hugs, Julierose

Chatty Crone said...

I know I have never seen a quilt with t=shirts in it. It will be awesome.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your tee shirt quilt is coming along. I have brother in laws Celtics tees to make one for hubs. BIL passed away over 5 years now. Guess it is time to make it huh.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your t shirt quilt is going to be done in no time at all. Pretty quilts for the show.