here

Monday, September 9, 2019

Always Something

Hi friends!
Over the weekend I sandwiched the Quilt of Valor.
I don't like this as well as I do the kind I buy at Walmart.
But Walmart got to where it just oozed glue.So I quit buying it! Maybe this year it will be better.
I used it for years with no problem but in the last year it got bad!
Maybe Walmart started making it!~ They usually mess things up when they try to make things.

Now I have two sandwiched and in need of starching and ironing.
This heat just goes on and on! 95 every day!
Said we might get a drop of rain by the weekend and go into the 80's for the high's.
Our poor light bill just goes up and up!!!!!
Highest bills we have every had!
Well last week Tommy got his tractor put back together and running , Friday he had to take apart the mower!
That means John Deer , high parts!
He will call them later today to be sure they have the  parts when we drive there.
He is calling them now!
Have a good one
Hugs
Babs

6 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh I know prices seem to keep climbing.

Chatty Crone said...

I am with you on the electric bill - I might have to rob a bank - kidding.

So that glue from Walmart isn't bonding your two sides - is that what you do with it?

sewyouquilt2 said...

Yes prices are ridiculous. Everyone wants to be a millionaire

sewyouquilt2 said...

Prices are crazy. Everyone wants to be a millionaire

Julierose said...

Prices are astronomical!! Have you tried the iron on batting? I haven't but saw a YouTube video on it and it looks pretty good...
May be hard to handle though--the youtuber laid her quilt over her ironing board and did it in sections...I may try this...will let you know...
Your quilt is so pretty..nice work Barb hugs, Julierose

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I am finding that a lot of things I bought at Walmart under their brand have been discontinued. I wonder how much the tariffs are affecting their inventory. Our electric bill has been pretty steady. Medical bills is another story.
xx, Carol