here

Monday, September 23, 2019

Busy Weekend

Hi friends! 
Only a small amount of sewing got done this week end. Sat. was spent cooking potato salad for fifty , we had about 70 and they took all left overs to the local homeless shelter, apparently we all had problems just making enough for 50!
But I did get a start on a baby quilt for my aunts great-grand to be.
She wanted the charm pack of pooh so that's what I am making it from. If it's not enough I have some blue charms that work .
Hoping to finish the top today! 
Yesterday we went to Church , then had homecoming , left there at two and got on the road to below Montgomery Ala. 
My sweet cousin last her husband to cancer.
While there we went to visit my Aunt in the nursing home. She didn't really know us but knew we belonged to her.
Then drove that long drive home. I walked into my house at 11 o'clock last night.
Plan on sewing today to rest me!
Had problems posting on the blogger site on my page so I went to internet explorer and got to it that way.
Have a great day, first day of fall , temperature all this week in the 90's
Hugs
Babs

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I know most of that - but what I don't know - what did you have that you made potato salad for 70 for?

mamasmercantile said...

Wonderful to hear that there was no waste and the local homeless shelter benefited. Love the fabric for the baby quilt.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

There is always something going on at your house!! I liked your comment that you got a rest when you were able to sew. I feel that way too about sewing and crochet. Our temps up here in Northern Indiana are high 80s. It is unseasonable. But the cool nights have turned my rosebushes brown so I know it's fall.
xx, Carol

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Long day for you. Cute quilt. Love the fabric choice.