here

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Water every where

Ho friends!
This was the top when I started on it yesterday.
After working on it for a while.
I made it longer so It could be used as a bed spread.

Need to cut some red so it will have more color!
Any scrap big enough for a 5 inch square I am using!
Got lots of strings from cutting out squares , so will have to make another string quilt.
Never ending thing!
The paper came out today and I read what it said and it still doesn't make sense!
 Its safe to drink and it's not safe to drink!
They have known we were drinking it for five years and just got around to telling us!
Says it can't hurt us in short term but five years is long term in my book
We went for the first time to get free water yesterday and Chattanooga channel 9 was doing their thing,. Asked me if I minded talking to them but I had seem the camera and said no but it showed us pulling up and getting water.
The lady right after us talked.
Have a good one
Hugs
Babs

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I think that quilt is going to be beautiful.
Hey you are famous now!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Good way to use up 5 inch squares.

Julierose said...

This will be a great quilt
that water issue is worrying...;000
hugs, Julierose

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You are sooooooooo fast. Looking good.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Can I get your autograph famous lady??? Lol scary about the water.lots of scary stuff in the world. Love your scrappy quilt.coming along fast. I chain sew them when i do...2s then join to make 4s. Then 8s and before you know it the row is done

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

we live by a large railroad yard. Years ago (about 24) the EPA told us some wells in our area were contaminated by spills at the yards. We were lucky, ours wasn't but still those that had the affected wells sued after filters were put in. The settlement was for a nearby city to supply water to our area. It was mandatory. Lots of people were mad because they wanted their well water. I'm basically a city girl and was glad we no longer had to deal with no water when the electricity went out. It also was good that we got fire hydrants instead of tankers responding to fires. Hope they figure your water situation out. Lots of cancer in our area before we knew about the water.
Happy Valentine Day
xx, Carol