here

Friday, August 14, 2020

Alisha , my granddaughter

Hi friends!

Alasha came yesterday and played with her machine my Sis gave her.  I told her she needed to get a tiny screw driver and showed her mine. Showed her how to fill the bobbin and thread it up. Then I gave her some fabric and a rotary cutter and old mat I had  and a ruler to start her off with. Hoping to have one that loves to quilt!

Before she left she helped me gather in the garden and we send some soup starter and a bunch of orka home to her mother.

I showed her how to can while I put this up. three quarts and three pints. Its hard to find canning supplies this year so I am just putting up what I can.

After she left I worked a little while on Mia's quilt. Our tomato's have had so much rain that they are busting while still on the plants. Today I hope to find lids so I can put up some more , I have the big ones but don't know if I have enough of that size jars.

We will see

Stay safe

Hugs

Babs

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Alasha is one lucky gal! Plus she has YOU!

Julierose said...

How neat that Alisha wants to learn to sew and quilt..I learned to sew with my Grand-mere..and to knit, and embroider too...fun times...
That picture of her at the machine made me smile and remember...
Hugs from afar...

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Every Grandma's dream! I haven't seen any of my kids or grandkids in so long. I had to stop and take some photos of the deer in the yard...after all these years it's still exciting. A Mom and her baby. What all did you put in the soup starter?

O'Quilts said...

Good for you!! They are at a perfect age to learn and to love it.

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you have a young quilter there!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Nothing like quilting with a buddy

andsewon said...

How sweet! Wishing you many sweet sewing memories with your grand girl!
Lola