here

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Better view!

Hi friends!
Though i would go into more detail today!

When you sew your strip on the front be sure and pull it away from the battening and backing, then make sure as you sew it down slowly.
Sew it to the front 1/4 inch , no bigger
On the back strip just fold it under enough so that when you sew it down it catches the edge.  I usually turn it over and sew down the front strip . I started with that big stack of singles and just sewed one every once in a while as i read blogs on the 'Grow Your Blog' site
I finally just quit because Monday is treadmill night and i needed to clean up the kitchen before i got on the treadmill.
Hope every one up north stays safe and warm.
Have a great day!
Hugs
Quilt Happy

5 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Looking good Babs,nice pile of block there.Ive not tried quilt as you go yet.xx

MartiDIY said...

That's a good idea to sew between reading blogs. Do you sew the back strip to both blocks at the same time? That's the way the video I found shows and I did some yesterday. They look like yours in the end.

Chatty Crone said...

Thanks for the quilt lesson and you don't treadmill every night girl?

Julierose said...

Oh nice! I am going to try this on my little wall hanging (3 blocks just to get the feel of doing it.
thanks for the tips hugs, Julierose

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

That is cool. Makes sense to me. Read a little, sew a little.