here

Monday, January 19, 2015

My weekend

Hi friends!
Sunny Day!
I made my binding Saturday for my U F O and tried to sew it on but had all kinds of trouble!!!
It broke my needle so i shoved it up on the table and went to read some blogs.
I started smelling something and got Tommy looking for what was on fire!
He was about ready to go up to the loft when he noticed it was stronger in the dining room near my machine!
I had shoved it up against the light on the  Machine and this is what happened.
So now i will have to replace that one part plus do something so i have enough to sew a binding on!!!
This may be a UFO for a while longer!
Kinda fed up with it at the moment.
Yesterday i sewed some more 16 patch's , now the count is 25
I laid out the fifteen i had and figured that i would need at least 25 maybe more so i got busy. ! I had 20 done Saturday night .  So last night I did some more.
I think i will lay them out when i get off of here and see how many more i will need.
Hopefully getting close to enough,
Have a wonderful sewing day friends.
Hugs
Quilt Happy

6 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

oh no! glad all ended well with no house fires. you can replace the patch but not a person.
You are on FIRE girl! LOL

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad everyone and every thing was okay!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

That sucks the hole burning into the quilt from the machine light.

Love Of Quilts said...

What a shame and what a blessing at the same time. Good it can be fixed.

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

So sorry the quilt got a burn mark and you will have to fix and replace that section. Glad you got it soon and no more damage. Take care and wishing you some happy stress-less sewing.

Terry said...

Glad the whole thing didn't go up in flames, or worse your house. Hope you able to fix it