here

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Quilting my blocks

Hi friends!
Beautiful day
We didn't get that snow, thank goodness!
Don't mind snow but hate ice.!
When you quilt your blocks in 'Quilt as you go' you need to leave at least 1/2 inch all the way around the block so you have a edge to see your sashing to.
I stitched in the ditched and started 1/2 inch down and back stitched as i started and when i got to the other edge.
So it want ravel!
Here i stopped 1/2 inch before the edge.
On the back it looks like a big ticktacktoe game!
This is how  many i didn't get done yesterday!
Should have time to finish up today!
Have a great weekend friends!
Hugs
Babs

4 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

I'm always impressed with how fast you work. I've got a question about the quilting. Do I stop the quilting 1/2 inch from the edge of the block?

Julierose said...

Hi Barbara-Well, we GOT that snow and yuck! Ugh!
Anyhoo--your blocks look good ! That is the next thing I have to try out QAYG blocks. Thinking maybe my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks will be put together that way...hugs, Julierose

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

You get so much done! I spend the day embroidering. Ugh but I am done now. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow morning.

SUGAR MOON said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed your blog, will follow and be back for future visits.